Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last Chance to Reason Will Rock You Sonically and Visually... and probably in the pants too

I love video games.  I also love metal.  When these two things combine, I’m probably the happiest guy in my apartment complex.  Say hello to a cool band called Last Chance to Reason.  They are a metal band from Maine (that’s a state way up on the northeast point of the US for those who flunked geography in middle school).  They also have an intense love for games of the past, particularly: Super Metroid, Contra, Metal Slug, and R-Type.  To prove this love, their next album will include a brand new video game for listeners to play while enjoying the album.  That’s right, the band’s music is the soundtrack for the game.  If that isn’t badass, I don’t know what is.

The music itself is in the same vein as Between the Buried and Me.  They have very proggy parts mixed with very electro parts, all while showing respect for past prog-metal greats like King Crimson and Meshuggah.  While they have only released a few songs from the upcoming album “Level 2”, they are garnering a lot of attention.  

The band has released a teaser trailer that displays both the gameplay and their music that will be featured in the game.  Personally, I think the idea of a concept album blended with a video game is a genius idea.  I don't know how the masses will take it, or if it will really be understood.  Needless to say, however, I'm very psyched about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment